When it comes to reporting, email marketers need to know their numbers.
Perhaps you can probably rattle off open-rates, click-through rates, and ROI stats at the drop of a hat.
While it may be annoying to get asked over and over to report on results, justify costs, and show the value of your campaigns, it’s also probably a bit fun. Why?
Because when email marketing is done correctly, it’s the top way to get the highest ROI for your marketing dollars.
Consider these facts and figures:
- 47% of people use a mobile device to check an email campaign on average, while 26.9% uses desktop and 26.1% uses webmail. (Vision6 Email Marketing Metrics Report)
- 40% of consumers said that their mobile phone is their primary device for checking email. (The Relevancy Group)
- By the end of 2018, worldwide mobile email users are expected to total over 2.2 billion. (The Radicati Group)
- Mobile email will account for 20 to 75% of email opens, depending on your target audience, product, and email type. (eMailmonday)
- Transactional or triggered emails have 8x more opens and substantially greater revenue than regular bulk emails. (Experian)
- 63% of the “very successful” use their marketing automation systems extensively, while 37% achieved best-in-class status with limited use. (Three Deep & Ascend2 “Marketing Automation Trends for Success”)
- Over the next two years, an additional 21% of marketing leaders plan to use a marketing automation platform. (Salesforce)
- 63% of companies outsource all or part of marketing automation strategy planning. 51% uses a combination of outsourced and in-house resources, 12% outsourced all to a specialist. 37% uses in-house resources only. – (Ascend2)
- The most important strategic goals of a marketing automation strategy are increasing lead generation (61%), lead nurturing (57%) and sales revenue (47%). (Ascend2)
- Personalized emails deliver six times higher transaction rates. (Experian)
- Emails with personalized message content received a 5% lift in open rates compared to emails with no personalization. (Statista)
- 50% of companies feel they can increase interaction within email by increasing personalization. (Experian)
- Only 39% of online retailers send personalized product recommendations via email. (Certona)
- Email list segmentation and personalized emailing were the most effective email strategies of 2017. (DMA)
Keeping these stats in mind, brainstorm to figure out what would work well for your business. Start now to plan a winning email marketing strategy for 2018. If you need help with getting emails and newsletters coded and designed for your campaigns, get in touch with us.
Megan Van Petten
CEO & President
Van Petten Group, Inc.