We are always interested in expanding the pool of qualified professionals we can contact as Van Petten Group continues to grow. You are always welcome to submit your résumé and cover letter to be considered.
Van Petten Group, Inc. has an opportunity available for an Account Executive to serve with the title of Executive Director for our clients. The Account Executive will be responsible for the overall management for professional association(s) and ensuring contractual obligations are fulfilled to meet or exceed client expectations. This includes providing leadership for the client(s) and management of internal client teams to coordinate the related activities: membership, events, marketing, communications, sponsorships, professional development, financials, and governance.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as primary liaison between client organizations (board, volunteers, committees) and internal client team
- Manage specific strategic initiatives working with the Board of Directors in areas such as membership value, revenue diversification, conference value, and strategic programs in efforts to grow and serve the organization’s mission
- Create and manage an annual operations plan that guides the association(s) activities toward attainment of strategic goals
- Prepare and manage client financial performance; ensure adherence to budget guidelines and objectives
- Prepare and present status reports and access to track organizational progress and offer solutions to enhance client success
- Encourage and assist volunteer leaders, assist board in recruiting talent to volunteer leadership positions and manage volunteer programs and committees
- Daily communication with staff, board members, members, sponsors, and committee members
- Strong ability to support volunteer members and partner sponsors to drive a strong sense of community and collaboration
Overseeing client team meetings to make sure things are running smoothly
Knowledge and skills
We are looking for a candidate with demonstrated experience, personal attributes and a track record of success that includes:
- Leading the growth of a diverse and dynamic organization in an executive role with accountability to the Board of Directors, ideally with direct experience with the public and/or nonprofit sector.
- Developing and executing strategic and operations plans, financial management and budgeting experience. Managing effective and efficient operations, member-centric programs and projects. Ability to set appropriate goals and outcomes.
- Managing communications for public relations, members and member prospects, professional development, conferences, and networking activities. Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Managing complex relationships and the ability to identify and articulate a strong membership value proposition.
- Experience as an association executive, board member and/or experience in a role with accountability to a volunteer board.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership experience working in a team environment
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion across a large and varied membership, including an international constituency
- Possessing aptitude in seeing the big picture while also having an eye for detail; with the ability to have both a visionary mindset while accomplishing task lists
- Ability to work in partnership with volunteer working groups and other organizations including international partners
- Ability to negotiate among the demands of multiple competing stakeholder groups
- Flexibility, versatility and adaptability, utilizing multiple styles (i.e. can make things happen many different ways)
- Possessing mental agility and the capacity to execute and bring clarity to ambiguity
- Possessing political savvy, aware of both internal and external politics; and the ability to deal with changing organizational dynamics
Working conditions and environment
- Flexible time schedule
- Willing to work evenings and weekends
Education and work experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Certified Association Executive preferred
Equal employment opportunity
At Van Petten Group, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying.
To apply: Please email resume and salary range to Megan at firstname.lastname@example.org.